The DORA allows patrons of the participating establishments to carry up to 16 oz. of an open alcoholic beverage in a designated cup within the designated DORA boundaries. The DORA is only active for special events.
- Bings Lounge
- Normandy Inn
- Que Pasa
- Sandy Springs Brewing Company
SIP & SHOP
- Art Spot
- Battista Law Office
- Colton Dental Lab
- Coy-Kamph Financial Group
- Dunlap Photography
- Edward Jones Investment
- Ford Insurance Agency
- Hass Museum
- Lion’s Den Sport Shop
- Minerva Chamber of Commerce
- Minerva Music Center
- Minerva Perk
- Rae’s Jewelry
- The Roxy
- Simply Scarves … And Such
- SummerGirl Studio
Upcoming DORA Events
August 12th, 12:00 PM – 9:00 PM – Darla Summer Alley Reveal
Any permitted establishment and order your favorite beer, wine, or cocktail in a DORA cup.
The establishment onto the sidewalks of Minerva.
Your beverage while strolling within the DORA boundary or visiting locations with a green DORA decal indicating beverages are permitted.
Your DORA cup when empty or before entering another DORA-permitted establishment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
What is a Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area (DORA)?
A Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area (DORA) is a specific area in which alcoholic beverages may be sold by licensed liquor establishments for outdoor consumption.
What are the hours of the DORA?
The DORA is for special events only and the hours will be designated by Council. A list of DORA events can be found at the top of the page under the heading UPCOMING DORA EVENTS.
Where can I purchase a DORA drink?
Can I walk anywhere with my DORA drink?
No. You must stay within the boundaries of the DORA.
Can I reuse my DORA cup?
No. Each DORA cup is for single use only.
Can I bring my own alcoholic beverage, pour it in a DORA cup, and walk around the DORA?
No. Only drinks purchased from participating establishments and in the official DORA cup can be consumed within the boundaries of the DORA.
Official Rules of the Minerva DORA.
In accordance with ORC 4301.82(F)(1)(c), the hours of operation for the DORA will be for special events only. Special events will be approved by the Minerva Village Council. Please refer to the Minerva DORA page to see the schedule of DORA events.
A person may have in their personal possession an open container of beer, wine, or intoxicating liquor at an outdoor location within the DORA if the open container of beer, wine, or intoxicating liquor was purchased from a qualified permit holder to which all of the following apply:
- The permit holder’s premises is located within the DORA; and
- The permit held by the permit holder has an outdoor refreshment area designation; and
- The open container consists of an official DORA Cup.
No person shall do any of the following:
- Enter the premises of an establishment with an opened container of beer, wine, or intoxicating liquor acquired elsewhere, or
- Possess an opened container of beer, wine, or intoxicating liquor while being in or on a motor vehicle within the DORA, unless the possession is otherwise authorized under division (D) or (E) of ORC 4301.62.
- Beer, wine, and intoxicating liquor may be served and consumed solely in approved plastic containers in the DORA.
- In addition to all other applicable standards and penalties, any person that violates the rules and requirements of the DORA is guilty of a minor misdemeanor punishable pursuant to law.
- In addition to all other rights and remedies pursuant to law, noncompliance by any qualified permit holder with any rule, standard, or requirement set forth in this application shall constitute a failure to satisfy the public health and safety requirements of the DORA, and shall constitute adequate grounds for Council to request the Ohio Department of Commerce, Division of Liquor Control to revoke or otherwise fail to renew the outdoor refreshment area designation issued to such permit holder pursuant to ORC 4301.82(E).