Planning and Zoning
Please note that Zoning Certificates and Fence Permits have a $10.00 fee.
TO ACCESS OUR ONLINE PORTAL FOR PERMIT APPLICATIONS OR FOR NUISANCE COMPLAINTS PLEASE CLICK HERE:
The Village of Minerva requires permits for many projects, including:
- New houses, garages, additions
- Accessory buildings, storage buildings, sheds, tool sheds
- Patios, covered patios, decks, pergolas
- Landscaping (for any walls, structures built); flowers, trees, shrubs do not apply
- Digging in Village right-of-ways
- Street openings for construction or digging
- Swimming pools
- Sewer taps, water taps, water meters, waterline/sewer service replacement
- Signs (temporary or permanent)
- Garage/yard/tag/estate sales
The Village of Minerva does not require any permits for roofing or electrical, but you must contact Stark County Building Department at 330-451-2370. This applies even if you live in Carroll or Columbiana County as Minerva uses Stark County Building Codes.
Please note that the Village of Minerva does NOT keep any type of property line records. Those records are done by the county in which the home is located. If you need to know where your property lines are, you will need to hire a surveyor.
The Village of Minerva’s Zoning Maps can be found by accessing this link: https://starkcountyohio.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=03f862c83bd0426588b5571afe59a407
330-868-7705 ext. 159