Utilities: Water & Sewer
Our goal is to provide and maintain a first-class water and wastewater system for our citizens and businesses that meet EPA standards. We will provide prompt responses to all customer inquiries.
Please note that there are new water and sewer rates in effect.
Rate increases were necessary for a number of reasons:
- To keep up with normal operational and maintenance costs associated with running our water plant. These costs have increased over the years due to inflationary cost factors for materials, supplies, chemicals, utilities and laboratory testing fees.
- Several distribution water main lines with the Village have exceeded their useful life and are in need to be replaced. The new rate adjustments will enable the Village to move forward in addressing repairs to an ever aging water distribution system. Minerva’s rates were so low that it hindered the Village’s ability to secure grant funding and low interest loans from several agencies that offer financial assistance to upgrade and improve public water systems.
- Water rates for Minerva residents and businesses will still remain at a level comparable to, and in most cases, lower than, communities in our area and throughout the state.
The Village of Minerva supplies water and wastewater services to residents.
The Utilities Department is located at 209 N. Market St., Minerva, OH 44657. We may be reached by telephone at 330-868-7705 ext. 106, by Fax at 330-868-7708 or by email at email@example.com.
All new residents must complete an application for water and/or wastewater services. A $100.00 deposit will be required to tenants and land contract buyers.
The Village of Minerva bills on a quarterly basis with payments due on the 15th of the month. Bills are sent out the last working day of the previous month. Utility customers may pay their bill in the following ways:
- In person at the Utility Billing Office, located at 209 N. Market St. Minerva, Ohio, 44657.
- By mailing the payment to the above address. Please include the small stub of your bill.
- Using a credit or debit card, by telephone. Please note that a convenience fee is added to all payments using debit or credit cards.
- By drop box. A drop box is located in the Minerva Police Department lobby. The lobby is available 24/7 for your convenience.
- NOW AVAILABLE: ONLINE PAYMENTS. Please see below for link and additional information.
The Village of Minerva accepts cash, check, money orders, and debit and credit cards. Please note that a convenience fee is added to all debit and credit card transactions.
ONLINE PAYMENT (Debit or credit card only). Please note that a convenience fee will be charged. Please have your account number ready.
You may also pay by phone to:
- Water/Sewer Dept. 330-868-7705 ext. 106
- 1-888-604-7888, use PLC#A001LT
Doxo.com is NOT an authorized affiliate of the Village of Minerva. It is a third-party website that charges people a significant fee to pay their water and sewer bills via their site. Furthermore, the Village of Minerva has no control over when we will receive the customer payments from doxo.com, which could possibly result in late payment fees being added to your account or even service termination for nonpayment.
Benefits of using our website to pay your bill include that there is a lower fee; and as soon as you receive confirmation of your online payment, we have viewing access to confirm the payment is pending.
We strongly recommend that you pay your bill only at our website, https://minerva.oh.us/departments-services/water-sewer/ or our authorized affiliate GOVPAYNOW at https://www.govpaynow.com/gps/user/plc/A001lt or use our Pay by Phone option by calling (330) 868-7705 ext. 106.
330-868-7705 ext. 106
M-F 8am-4:30 pm
- AEP Ohio: 800-672-2231
- Natural Gas
- Columbia Gas: 800-344-4077
- Refuse Service
- Residents may choose their own refuse collection service.
From where does the Village of Minerva water come?
The Village of Minerva drinking water supply is from a ground water source. We have 3 wells located in the Minerva well field that are used to pump ground water (raw water) to the treatment plant. Raw water is sent to the treatment plant, where it’s oxidized by chlorine and potassium permanganate, then filtered, and a disinfection residual is completed before it’s sent to the distribution system for consumption.
Village of Minerva Water Quality
The Village of Minerva performs a wide range of water testing at varying frequencies which are required and regulated by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency). Our water plant works hard to ensure that the Village of Minerva residents have safe drinking water.
Routine flushing takes place quarterly, weather permitting. Flushing is also done in known problem areas more frequently or upon request.
Please watch for upcoming flushing dates in The News Leader, on Channel 21, or on the Village of Minerva’s website and Facebook page.
Remote meters are available by calling the Utilities Dept. at 330-868-7705 ext. 106. This entails a new meter to be installed and a remote placed outside the home. The remote can be read by our Meter Reader from the outside, so he or she will not have to enter your home to obtain readings. The cost of the remote meter varies, depending on size. Payment arrangements can usually be made to spread out the cost of the meter.
Water Line Break Repairs
Periodically, water lines break. If you notice water coming out of the street, or pools of water after a period of no rain or melting snow, please call us. We repair water line breaks as reported. Water service may be temporarily shut-off during repairs.
- Wastewater Superintendent – Brad Childers, Class III Operator
- Wastewater Technician – Keith Saunier, Class III Operator
- Water Superintendent – Steve Couch, Class I Operator
- Water Technician – Dan Underwood, Class I Operator