Utilities: Water & Sewer
Our goal is to provide and maintain a first-class water and wastewater system for our citizens and businesses that meet EPA standards. We will provide prompt responses to all customer inquiries.
The Village of Minerva supplies water and wastewater services to residents.
The Utilities Department is located at 209 N. Market St., Minerva, OH 44657. We may be reached by telephone at 330-868-7705 ext. 106, by Fax at 330-868-7708 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All new residents must complete an application for water and/or wastewater services. A $100.00 deposit will be required to tenants and land contract buyers.
The Village of Minerva bills on a quarterly basis with payments due on the 15th of the month. Bills are sent out the last working day of the previous month. Utility customers may pay their bill in the following ways:
- In person at the Utility Billing Office, located at 209 N. Market St. Minerva, Ohio, 44657.
- By mailing the payment to the above address. Please include the small stub of your bill.
- Using a credit or debit card, by telephone. Please note that a convenience fee is added to all payments using debit or credit cards.
- By drop box. A drop box is located in the Minerva Police Department lobby. The lobby is available 24/7 for your convenience.
The Village of Minerva accepts cash, check, money orders, and debit and credit cards. Please note that a convenience fee is added to all debit and credit card transactions.
330-868-7705 ext. 106
M-F 8am-4:30 pm
- AEP Ohio: 800-672-2231
- Natural Gas
- Columbia Gas: 800-344-4077
- Telephone & Internet
- Frontier: 877-652-6489
- Charter (formerly Time Warner): 800-892-4357
(also provides cable television)
- Refuse Service
- Residents may choose their own refuse collection service.
From where does the Village of Minerva water come?
The Village of Minerva drinking water supply is from a ground water source. We have 3 wells located in the Minerva well field that are used to pump ground water (raw water) to the treatment plant. Raw water is sent to the treatment plant, where it’s oxidized by chlorine and potassium permanganate, then filtered, and a disinfection residual is completed before it’s sent to the distribution system for consumption.
Village of Minerva Water Quality
The Village of Minerva performs a wide range of water testing at varying frequencies which are required and regulated by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency). Our water plant works hard to ensure that the Village of Minerva residents have safe drinking water.
Routine flushing takes place quarterly, weather permitting. Flushing is also done in known problem areas more frequently or upon request.
Please watch for upcoming flushing dates in The News Leader, on Channel 21, or on the Village of Minerva’s website and Facebook page.
Remote meters are available by calling the Utilities Dept. at 330-868-7705 ext. 106. This entails a new meter to be installed and a remote placed outside the home. The remote can be read by our Meter Reader from the outside, so he or she will not have to enter your home to obtain readings. The cost of the remote meter varies, depending on size. Payment arrangements can usually be made to spread out the cost of the meter.
Water Line Break Repairs
Periodically, water lines break. If you notice water coming out of the street, or pools of water after a period of no rain or melting snow, please call us. We repair water line breaks as reported. Water service may be temporarily shut-off during repairs.
- Wastewater Superintendent – Don Luedtke, Class III Operator
- Wastewater Technician – Brad Childers, Class III Operator
- Water Superintendent – Steve Couch, Class I Operator
- Water Technician – Dan Underwood, Class I Operator